Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study encourages part-time employment related to a student’s course of study and/or career interests as well as community service while pursuing post-secondary education. Students must demonstrate financial need from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for this program. In order to be eligible for UNH College of Professional Studies Work Study, students must:

  • Be admitted to a UNH College of Professional Studies degree or post-baccalaureate program
  • Have a valid FAFSA for the current financial aid year
  • Have financial need from the FAFSA
  • Make Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Be enrolled at least half-time during employment

Federal Work Study awards are based on availability from an annual federal allocation and we cannot guarantee every eligible student will be able to earn a work study award.

Contact Us

Student Work-Study Positions

Gain skills and valuable work experience when you become a work study student with UNH CPS. Use the opportunity to make connections with our staff, gain exposure in your community, and acquire professional references for your resume. Learn more.

VA Work Study

Students receiving veterans education benefits under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606, and 1607 may qualify for the Department of Veterans Affairs sponsored work study program. You must be certified to the VA for at least ¾ time enrollment and must perform duties that are directly related to veteran benefits. For more information, contact the School Certifying Official.

Email our School Certifying Official