Degree Planning Tools

Girl thinking

Plan and track your progress to degree completion with the student-friendly tools provided on this page. Click on a schedule to view or download the latest term information. To search by term or for the most up to date offerings, please use our Course Schedule.

Be sure to visit our helpful academic calendar for important dates.

2024-2025 Schedules and Planning Tools

These schedules only include projected online offerings. Campus-based courses will continue to be scheduled each term.



2025-2026 Schedules and Planning Tools

These schedules only include projected online offerings. Campus-based courses will continue to be scheduled each term.


Degree Audits

A degree audit is a summary of your degree requirements merged with your academic record, providing a real-time assessment of progress towards graduation. The evaluation includes all courses accepted in transfer, as well as all courses completed and in progress at the UNH College of Professional Studies.

Your degree audit can be accessed through WebCat by selecting UNH DegreeWorks.

Learn how maximize use of our degree audit system to plan your progress toward degree completion.

General Information

What is DegreeWorks

It’s an online system that helps students monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. DegreeWorks allows students and academic advisors plan future academic coursework.

What is a degree audit? 

A degree audit is a review of past, current, and "planned" coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree, major, minor, and/or concentration.

What is the Degree block? 

The Degree block is a summary and list of each group of requirements you will need to satisfy in order to complete your degree.

Can I access DegreeWorks on any computer?

Yes. You can access DegreeWorks on any computer. Simply sign in through Webcat.

Is my information confidential?

Yes. DegreeWorks is accessed through your secure Webcat account. Remember that your academic advisor and select staff are able to view the information contained in DegreeWorks.

Who has the ability to access DegreeWorks

All degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate, and Post-Bacc. students have access to DegreeWorks. Academic advisors and select staff also have access for the purpose of supporting your academic progress.

How current will my information be in DegreeWorks?

The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in your degree audit the next day.

Can I register for classes in DegreeWorks

No. DegreeWorks is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in academic history. Registration will continue to be handled through WebCat and your academic advisor.

Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements? 

Yes. DegreeWorks is laid out in block format displaying degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements information. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.

Are my grades visible in DegreeWorks?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of each term, they are viewable in DegreeWorks following the nightly refresh; however, your grades are viewable in Webcat immediately once posted by an instructor. Courses in progress are reflected with an "IP" in the grade column.

Can I see a list of all the classes I've taken?

Yes. Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the page and select Class History to view a list of courses taken at the UNH College of Professional Studies, as well as any transfer courses. This is not an official transcript.

What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?

You should consult your academic advisor for a review of your audit.

Why isn’t my information reflected as up-to-date?

There could be several reasons. First, DegreeWorks may not have refreshed since a change was made (the information is refreshed nightly). Second, there could be some paperwork that needs to be completed. For example, if you have submitted a change of program request, it is possible that the form is in process.

How can I update information?

You cannot update course information in DegreeWorks. Please work with your academic advisor to understand any process that needs to be completed.

Navigating the Audit

What information is displayed on the audit?

Your audit will display the courses you've taken and the courses you are registered for. It also displays any degree, major, minor, or concentration requirements that are being met by the courses you've taken, or that may be met upon satisfactory completion of courses in progress.

Will I be able to view my entire course history?

DegreeWorks uses the information that is current from your transcript. You will be able to view any courses that have been completed, registered for, and transferred by the date your audit was last refreshed (data is refreshed nightly). Keep in mind that any transfer work or grade changes that have not been formally submitted and accepted will not appear on your audit.

Who do I contact if I think my audit is incorrect?

Your academic advisor is your primary point of contact. If your advisor determines that your audit is incorrect, they will contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Your audit will outline courses still needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or concentration requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Why isn’t there a check mark next to a requirement I’ve already completed?

Your academic advisor is your primary point of contact. If your advisor determines that your audit is incorrect, he/she will contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

Everything in my Degree block is checked off, why isn’t my Degree block satisfied?

If everything within your Degree block is checked off, but your Degree block is not satisfied, there is either a minimum GPA requirement that has not been met, or the overall number of credits required for your degree has not been met.

I'm thinking about changing my major. How will my current courses be applied toward my new major?

Use the "What‐if" feature within DegreeWorks and select your proposed degree/certificate, and option if needed. The requirements for your selection appear and you can see how your coursework will be applied for the new major you are considering

Why isn’t my transfer work meeting a requirement?

There could be two reasons. First, the course did not meet either the minimum number of credits and/or minimum grade requirement for use in your program of study. Second, all requirements have been met and this course is simply not needed.

If I withdraw from a class, will that be reflected in my audit?

Yes. They will appear in the "Insufficient" block.

I repeated a course will it appear on the audit?

Potentially, but only for a limited period of time. The original course will remain on the audit until you complete and receive a grade for the course that is being repeated. Once this occurs, the original course and grade will appear in the "Insufficient" block. Repeated courses are reflected with a "(R)" in the repeated column.

My academic advisor told me that a course I took would be substituted for a requirement. Why doesn’t this information appear in my audit?

You should contact your academic advisor to resolve any substitution issue. Any waivers, substitutions, or exceptions for major, minor, or concentration requirements must be communicated to the Registrar’s Office by Academic Affairs.

If I see one course placed in two different areas is that OK?

In most situations, yes. DegreeWorks is programmed to recognize that some courses can fulfill more than one requirement. If you have any questions, contact your academic advisor.

If all of the boxes are checked, does that mean I’m graduating?

Not necessarily. If you have applied to graduate, the registrar’s office will perform a final audit after all final grades have been submitted to determine if you are eligible to graduate. Missing requirements will be communicated to you by your academic advisor.

Using “What If” Feature

What is the “What If” feature?

“What If” function allows you to hypothetically change your major, minor, or concentration. The What If audit will show you what coursework is required for the new major, minor, or concentration, what courses you have taken that satisfy requirements, and what courses are still left for you to take.

How does “What If” work?

Select the “What If” function, which is on the Audit tab.

  • Use the drop down menus to select the degree and major you’d like to change to.
  • Then select the Process What If button.
  • This will remove the requirement blocks for your current major and apply the requirement blocks for the major you’re considering.
  • This is not a permanent swap. Once you go back to the Worksheets Function, the requirement blocks for your registered Major will show up in your audit.
  • If you would like to change your major, please see your academic advisor.

Why do I get an error message when I use the What If function?

Since DegreeWorks pulls in requirement blocks based on the term a student entered the College, you must select an academic year or you will get a message saying that no requirement blocks were found.

If I use the What If feature does this mean that I have changed my major?

No. The “What If” function is for information purposes only. You will see the header “What If” Audit displayed at the top of the audit whenever an audit is run on a What If scenario.

I’m thinking of changing my major, minor, and/or concentration. Can I use the What If function to see how my current classes fit into a different program?

Yes. The What If function will perform an audit based on the hypothetical major, minor, and/or concentration and will show how your completed, current, and planned coursework meets the requirements of the hypothetical major/minor/concentration.

Can my academic advisor see my What If scenario? 

Maybe. The system will automatically save the last three “what if” scenarios run.

Can I view multiple What If scenarios on the same screen? 

Yes. DegreeWorks will allow you to select more than one major at a time, or to select multiple major(s), minor(s), and/or concentration(s).

Can I save a What If scenario? 


Can I print a What If scenario?


If I like what I see in a What If scenario, how do I initiate the changes?

Always speak with your academic advisor first. After consulting with your advisor, you may change your academic program using the Change of Program process.

Using “What If” Feature

What does the GPA Calculator show?

The GPA Calculator will show you your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information.

What does the Term Calculator show?

The Term Calculator will show you your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information. By putting in your current earned credits and GPA and placing your in-progress courses in the table along with the grade you anticipate receiving for each course; you will see a revised cumulative GPA based on the estimates you provided.

Is this calculated GPA Guaranteed?

No. This is an estimate only.


Important Course Planning Information

New Course Names & Numbers

Beginning in Summer Session 2023, Granite State College and UNH Manchester will merge to become the UNH College of Professional Studies. There will be a shared catalog of courses across the curriculum between the UNH-Manchester and Online divisions. As a result, current course names and numbers may change to ensure there isn’t duplication. Your DegreeWorks is the best resource for monitoring progress toward your degree completion, as it provides a snapshot of courses in progress, planned courses, and academic history. Any changes to course names and numbers will be reflected in DegreeWorks. As always, your academic advisor is available to assist you with any questions.

Capstone Courses

Going forward, Summer Session will consist of one 8-week term. Some capstone courses will be offered only in the 16-week format during the fall and spring semesters. Those who need to complete a 16-week capstone course should plan accordingly. Exceptions may be requested for those prepared to complete the capstone in Summer 2023. Contact your academic advisor for more information. 

Financial Aid

During Summer Semesters, students will need to take two courses at a time (at least six credits for undergraduate and PBTC students and at least five credits for graduate students) to be eligible for financial aid, as there is only one 8-week term offered in the summer. This is effective beginning with Summer Session 2023. For Fall and Spring Semesters, students can plan to take one course per term and still be eligible for aid as long as they have a minimum of 6 credits per semester.