How to Pay

Woman with calculator and receipt

Payment Methods

Students access their bills through Webcat and, if necessary, forward to responsible parties. Payment may be made through the online system and is also accepted by personal check, bank check, money order, cash (must be delivered in person to the Durham campus only), wire transfer, electronic check, and credit card. A non-refundable service charge of 2.85% will be added for all credit card transactions. A combination of payment methods may be used. NOTE: If any account overpayment occurs, credit card transactions will be refunded back to the original credit card prior to any other type of refund.  This is in accordance with credit card regulations.

Checks sent through the mail should be made payable to UNH, include the student's UNH ID number, and may be sent to:

UNH Student Accounts
11 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824

Please note:

  • Student Accounts may process checks electronically
  • Checks through the online system are only accepted in U.S. dollars, from U.S. financial institutions.  (See International Payments below for alternative payment options for international students.)
  • With the exception of financial aid, payments are applied to the oldest charge first.
  • The credit card service charged is 2.85%.



Monthly Payment Option

An optional payment plan is offered. When enrollment is available, Payment Plan links will appear on the Account View page in Webcat and Parent Portal. The payment plan carries an enrollment fee of $60 for each semester you enroll in the plan. 


Third-Party Payments (Employer Tuition Assistance)

If all, or parts of, the charges are to be paid by an employer or other third party, it is the student's responsibility to obtain written authorization on official letterhead from the third party. Unless this authorization is presented at the time of registration, the student will be asked to pay in full, at the time of registration.


Please Note: Third party billing is not allowed if the company's payment is contingent upon the final grade for the course or other conditions. If a company has a reimbursement-to-student policy, the student is responsible for the total bill at the time of registration.



Parent PLUS Loans

Parents may apply for a federal parent PLUS loan. Applications should be completed and submitted to lenders as soon as possible before the payment due date. For more information see Direct PLUS Loan for Parents.



Alternative Loans

Students may apply for alternative loans offered by some banks. Alternative loans are private, non-federal student loans. Most require co-signers. Applications should be completed and submitted to lenders as soon as possible before the payment due date.



Returned Check Policy

Checks that have been returned for nonpayment are assessed a $30 return-check charge. A bank check, money order, or cash must be used to replace a returned check. If two or more checks are returned for non-sufficient funds, the University will be unable to accept future personal checks for that student account.