International Students

International students who wish to take online courses at the UNH College of Professional Studies can apply through our regular admission process. However, please be aware that there are guidelines that determine if online programs in the United States will be recognized in the country where you reside.

International students looking for a residential experience are invited to apply to UNH Manchester.

Student Visas

UNH CPS Granite Division does not sponsor student visas.

How to Ensure Our Online Programs are Available to You

Individuals who are already in the U.S. with permanent resident status are eligible for acceptance.

Students who will study outside of the U.S. are responsible for determining if our online degree programs are recognized in the country in which they reside. To learn this information, you must contact your country’s Ministry of Education (also called Secretariat of Education or Department of Education) and determine the following:

  • UNH CPS  may lawfully offer an online degree program to me
  • My chosen degree program or course will be recognized in my country for employment or further education
  • A UNH CPS degree may have to be validated in my country, and I take responsibility for that process
  • I am responsible for paying any taxes or surcharges levied on tuition by my country
  • UNH CPS will collect, store, and process my personal data in order to deliver courses and communicate to me. The College will follow U.S. privacy laws about data protection unless otherwise noted
  • My location has sufficient internet availability and I have access to a computer that meets the technical requirements listed in the “Requirements for Taking an Online Course”.
  • If English is not my native language, I have provided proof to UNH CPS of English proficiency
  • I understand that UNH CPS does not sponsor visas
  • I understand I must meet the program requirements for this degree program

English Proficiency

English proficiency is required for academic success at the College. If English is not your native language, you must demonstrate adequate English proficiency in order to be admitted using one of the following approved methods:

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score (Preferred)

  • Internet-based test (IBT) minimum score: 80
  • Paper-based test (PBT) minimum score: 550
  • Computer-based text (CBT) minimum score: 213

International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

  • Overall band score: 6.5

High School or College-Level Transcript

  • Must be from a school where courses were conducted entirely in English

Scores or transcripts must be sent directly from the testing agency to the Admissions Office. Use code 0458.

Mail to: Admissions, UNH College of Professional Studies, 88 Commercial St Manchester, NH 03101
Email to:

Duolingo English Test

  • English Proficiency Test: 120 minimum

Transcripts from Other Countries

Applicants who attended a college or university in a foreign country must have their transcript translated and evaluated prior to full acceptance. The College will accept foreign transcript evaluations from members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A complete list of members is available at Each member of NACES has their own fee structure for the translation and evaluation, and those charges must be paid for by the student. The College recommends that students obtain a course by course (sometimes called a comprehensive) evaluation.

The transcript must be sent directly from the evaluation agency to the Undergraduate Admissions Office to be considered official.

Mail to: Admissions, UNH College of Professional Studies, 88 Commercial St Manchester, NH 03101

Email to: