Petition Guidelines & Forms

Dad with kids playing in the background

There may be circumstances beyond a student's control that prevent them from completing their coursework for a term. Students should consult with their advisor prior to withdrawing or beginning the petition process. Petitions may also be submitted for variance of other college policies.



If any of the following situations apply to you, you may be eligible for a petition.

  1. Late Drop from the Current Term - If you have been unable to participate in a course (i.e. never logged on to an online class or attended a face to face class) due to extreme extenuating circumstances, and you wish to drop the course (course will not appear on transcript, tuition and fees refunded).
  2. Late Withdrawal from the Current Term - If it is past the withdrawal deadline but before the close of the term, you may request a late withdrawal due to extreme extenuating circumstances ('W' grade assigned on transcript, no refund of tuition or fees).
  3. Financial Relief - If there is a student account balance on your account that is the result of an official or unofficial withdrawal due to extreme extenuating circumstances, you may request institutional funds to clear that balance.

Submit a Petition Form

Please access our online form to review the Petition Instructions and Form:

Access Petition Form


Academic Exceptions Requests

To submit requests for other exceptions to academic policies or processes, please access our Petition for Academic Exception Form:

Access Exceptions Form

NOTE: Academic Honesty violations, grade appeals, and grievances are addressed through specific procedures outlined in the catalog and are not subject to Academic Petitions. Please consult with your advisor on those procedures.