The application process for the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification programs features two phases: Admission Application and Accepted Student Checklist.
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at the UNH College of Professional Studies, at any term during the year. There are five start dates throughout the academic year: Fall Semester (Terms 1 & 2), Spring Semester (Terms 3 & 4) and Summer Semester (Term 5).
Submit our free online application and fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA average for the last 60 credit hours or a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts for all previous college work
- 500-1,000 word statement that describes why you would be an effective educator in the certification area you are seeking and how your professional and personal experiences will assist your pursuit
- (2) professional or academic references
Contact information for your references is submitted via the admission application. This will generate an email inviting your references to complete a short questionnaire to assess your candidacy. A formal letter of recommendation is not required; however, your references are welcome to upload one within the questionnaire.
- Current resume
- Passing PRAXIS CORE Academic Skills for Educators scores or current teacher certification (applicants who have not yet fulfilled this requirement are eligible for admission, though it will need to be fulfilled prior to taking EDU 700).
Accepted Student Checklist
Our admissions team will review your application and applicants who meet our criteria will be granted conditional admissions: full admission is granted when the following requirements and documents have been received. These requirements must be fulfilled by the conclusion of EDU 700: Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements.